Founded in 1977, Pritchard Francis is a leading civil and structural consulting engineering firm. The firm is pleased to offer the 2014 annual scholarship to students who will enter their final year of study in 2014 in the BE (Civil) course or final year of a double degree course, of which one degree is Engineering at the University of Western Australia. The scholarship applies to all students completing their studies during the 2014 year.
VALUE: $7,500 AND OFFER OF PAID VACATION EMPLOYMENT
This scholarship represents a unique opportunity for interaction between private industry and The University of Western Australia. The aim of the award is to recognize and acknowledge an individual student's outstanding academic achievements, provide financial support, and offer an opportunity to a rewarding and fulfilling career in the consulting field of civil engineering. The scholarship is valued at $7,500 along with the offer of paid Vacation Employment.
Terms & Conditions
The scholarship is awarded under the following conditions:
- The scholarship is open to all Australian citizens and permanent residents of Australia who will enter their final year of study in 2014 in the BE (Civil) course or final year of a double degree course, of which one degree is Engineering, at the University of Western Australia.
- The scholarship is paid in four equal instalments in March, May, July and September 2014. Payments will be adjusted for students completing their studies mid-year.
- In addition to the scholarship proper, the scholar is offered paid vacation employment with Pritchard Francis for a period of 12 weeks, over the long vacation period, at the end of the 2013 academic year. Part of this vacation employment may offer the opportunity to travel, working in a second office.
- Whilst one of the aims of the scholarship is to provide an employment opportunity to the successful applicant, there is no binding or other commitment from either party with regard to employment with Pritchard Francis after graduation.
- Scholars shall not hold any other scholarship simultaneously, but may accept from time to time such one-off prizes as may be awarded for academic merit.
- The scholarship may be withdrawn should the scholar defer from full time studies, transfer to another course/degree or University.
The selection panel meets in the second week of August 2013. Short listed candidates are notified and interviews will be conducted the following week. The scholarship is awarded based on both academic achievements and the interview process. All candidates are advised of the outcome of their application by the end of August 2013.
How to Apply
Official application forms are available by clicking the link below or contacting Pritchard Francis directly. Completed application forms with supporting documentation marked 'confidential' are to be forwarded by post, facsimile or email to Juliette Pillar. Applications must be received no later than 2nd August 2013.
Att: Juliette Pillar
Pritchard Francis Pty Ltd
Telephone: (08) 9382 5111
Facsimile: (08) 9382 5199
430 Roberts Road
PO Box 2150
Subiaco WA 6904