Pritchard Francis Scholarship in Civil Engineering, UWA
Founded in 1977, Pritchard Francis is a leading civil and structural consulting engineering firm. The Firm offers an annual scholarship to students who will enter their final year of study in the following year, in the MPE (Civil) course. The scholarship applies to all Civil Engineering students completing their studies during the following year.
VALUE: $7,500 AND OFFER OF PAID VACATION EMPLOYMENT
This scholarship represents a unique opportunity for interaction between private industry and The University of Western Australia. The aim of the award is to recognise and acknowledge an individual student’s outstanding academic achievements, provide financial support, and offer an opportunity for a rewarding and fulfilling career in the consulting field of Civil Engineering. The scholarship is valued at $7,500 along with the offer of paid vacation employment.
Terms and Conditions
The scholarship is awarded under the following conditions:
- The scholarship is open to all Australian citizens and permanent residents of Australia who will enter their final year of study in the following year in the MPE (Civil) course at the University of Western Australia.
- The scholarship is paid in four equal instalments in March, May, July and September. Payments will be adjusted for students completing their studies mid year.
- In addition to the scholarship proper, the scholar is offered paid vacation employment with Pritchard Francis for a period of 12 weeks over the long vacation period, at the end of the academic year. Part of this vacation employment may offer the opportunity to travel, working in a second office.
- Whilst one of the aims of the scholarship is to provide an employment opportunity to the successful applicant, there is no binding or other commitment from either party with regard to employment with Pritchard Francis after graduation.
- Scholars are asked to nominate prizes recognising academic merit for specific units and current or previous scholarships held.
- The scholarship may be withdrawn should the scholar defer from full time studies, transfer to another course/degree or University.
The selection panel will meet in the third week of August. Shortlisted candidates are then notified and interviews conducted in the following week. The scholarship is awarded based on both academic achievements and the interview process. All candidates are advised of the outcome of their application by the end of August.
How to Apply
Candidates can put forward an expression of interest by completing the fields below and submitting the enquiry or by direct email to the address below. When the scholarship is next offered, you will then be contacted directly to advise the scholarship application process is open. If you wish to proceed, you will be required to complete the official application form and forward it along with supporting information.
Direct enquiries to: email@example.com.