Pritchard Francis Curtin WIL Program
Pritchard Francis is currently offering a paid Work Integrated Learning (WIL) placement for 2018 through Curtin University.
This is an exciting opportunity for a final year Civil and Construction Engineering Student.
See below for further details.
• The Work Integrated Learning Program will provide the unique opportunity for a Curtin student to develop and apply technical engineering skills and knowledge acquired throughout their undergraduate degree to a professional engineering consultancy environment.
• The successful student will be given an understanding of what the role a civil and structural consulting engineer involves both in the office and on site.
• The student will learn about the company structure and operation of Pritchard Francis and will gain exposure and experience in most facets of our consulting practice working alongside engineers, drafters, administration and site personnel.
• We consistently have many projects at varying stages of completion, both in the office and on site, as part of WIL Program, the student will be given the opportunity to work in a productive manner on some of these projects whilst also gaining practical engineering experience hours, essential for graduation.
Dates, Requirements, Terms & Conditions
• Start date will be commencement of Semester 2, 2018 and will finish 6 months later in December. Students will be required to complete a minimum 2 days’ work experience per week (negotiable).
• Current drivers licence required.
• The WIL Program is open to all Australian citizens and permanent residents of Australia who are in their final year of study in their Bachelor of Engineering (Civil and Construction Engineering) at Curtin University.
• Students must indicate on their application which forth year optional units they have enrolled in for Semester One and Semester Two.
• Students must have a Course Weighted Average minimum of 65.
• Whilst one of the aims of the Work Integrated Learning Program is to provide an employment opportunity to the successful student with Pritchard Francis after graduation, there is no commitment from either party.
• The WIL Program may be withdrawn should the student defer from full time studies, transfer to another course/degree or University.
Please email the following to K.Sher@curtin.edu.au by 12pm on Wednesday 6/6/18:
• Covering letter.
• Detailed curriculum vitae including vacation work details, Year 12 ATAR results (including subjects and exam marks), extracurricular interests, achievements, awards, scholarships, etc.
• Formal academic transcript including all results from commencement of university studies.
• Details of any prizes, awards or scholarships held.
• References: one academic, one employer (if applicable) and one personal.