Pritchard Francis Scholarship in Civil Engineering, UWA
Founded in 1977, Pritchard Francis is a leading civil and structural consulting engineering firm. The Firm offers an annual scholarship to students who will enter their final year of study in 2019, in the MPE/PhD (Civil) course. The scholarship applies to all Civil Engineering students completing their studies during 2019.
VALUE: $7,500 AND OFFER OF PAID VACATION EMPLOYMENT
(Click above image to read more about graduate opportunities and experiences)
This scholarship represents a unique opportunity for interaction between private industry and The University of Western Australia. The aim of the award is to recognise and acknowledge an individual student’s outstanding academic achievements, provide financial support, and offer an opportunity for a rewarding and fulfilling career in the consulting field of Civil Engineering. The scholarship is valued at $7,500 along with the offer of paid vacation employment.
Terms and Conditions
The scholarship is awarded under the following conditions:
- The scholarship is open to a permanent resident of Australia who will enter their final year of study in 2019 in the MPE/PhD (Civil) course at the University of Western Australia.
- The scholarship is paid in four equal instalments in March, May, July and September 2019. Payments will be adjusted for students completing their studies mid year.
- In addition to the scholarship proper, the scholar is offered paid vacation employment with Pritchard Francis for a period of 12 weeks over the long vacation period, at the end of the 2018 academic year. Part of this vacation employment may offer the opportunity to travel, working in a second office.
- Whilst one of the aims of the scholarship is to provide an employment opportunity to the successful applicant, there is no binding or other commitment from either party with regard to employment with Pritchard Francis after graduation.
- Scholars are asked to nominate prizes recognising academic merit for specific units and current or previous scholarships held.
- The scholarship may be withdrawn should the scholar defer from full time studies, transfer to another course/degree or University.
Applications are to be received no later than 5pm, Friday, 10 August 2018. The selection panel will meet in the third week of August 2018. Shortlisted candidates will then be notified and interviews will be conducted the following week. The scholarship is awarded based on both academic achievements and the interview process. All candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application by the end of August 2018.
How to Apply
Official application forms will be available by contacting Pritchard Francis directly or by downloading the form from the link, here.
Completed applications marked “Confidential” are to be forwarded by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are to be received no later than 5pm on Friday 10 August 2018.