Seeking: Civil Designer
We have a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic person to fill the role of Civil Designer. You will be an integral member of our civil team delivering quality services on projects around Australia.
About the Role
Working alongside a team of talented and technically focused professionals, this role will involve coordination with clients and other consultants and be responsible for documentation from schematic stage through to detailed design. Your scope of work will include design and documentation for subdivisional and infrastructure projects including earthworks, roads, drainage, sewerage and retaining walls.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop detailed design drawings using AutoCAD and 12D software. Experience with Civil 3D and MicroStation would be highly regarded.
- Coordination with clients, other consultants, internal engineers, senior civil designers and draftspersons for the documentation of civil engineering projects.
- Successfully plan and complete assigned drafting projects within agreed budgets and deadlines, in line with consistent company and project standards.
- Site inspections (including inspecting civil works to ensure compliance with project documentation and specifications for work undertaken by contractors).
- Consistently produce quality documents in agreed timeframe.
This is a full-time position that requires a self-motivated, team orientated individual, capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment with a strong focus on professionalism and innovation.
Key skills and experience required for this role include:
- Relevant industry experience, ideally 5 years minimum using AutoCAD and 12D software.
- A sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety and legal regulations.
- Working knowledge of civil design, documentation and full understanding of creating 3D models.
- Experience in land development, mining and transport industries will be highly regarded.
- Strong communication and liaison abilities to engage with other consultants’ engineers, designers and clients.
- Self-motivated person with the ability to work efficiently within a busy client focussed team.
- High attention to detail for the production of accurate detailed work.
- Strong design capabilities and knowledge of Austroads, Australian Standards and Codes.
- Professional qualification in TAFE completed Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree or similar equivalent industry experience.
With offices in Perth, Broome and Darwin, Pritchard Francis is a well-established engineering consultancy with a reputation for quality and innovation excellence. We provide services across all regions of Western Australia and Northern Australia within all aspects of civil and structural engineering including land development, engineering infrastructure and built form projects.
Why Work for us?
We provide learning and development opportunities with access to training, mentoring and support. We value and reward hard working individuals and provide an energetic culture in a friendly, collaborative team. We offer benefits and initiatives to enhance your health and wellbeing including flexible work arrangements, employee assistance program and generous annual and parental leave policies.
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your CV accompanied by a cover letter, outlining your experience in line with the requirements set out above. You must have working rights in Australia to be considered for this role. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
We look forward to hearing from you.