Civil Engineer - Broome
It’s a new year and why not have a new adventure and relocate to sunny Broome, Western Australia.
We have a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic person to fill the role of Civil Engineer in our Broome team. Our Northern Australia team has a reputation for delivering high quality solutions for our relaxed, tropical community, where spending hours in traffic is not on our daily agenda.
Relocation support will be offered to a suitable candidate.
About the Role
You will be an integral member of our small, dynamic team of professionals in our Broome office. You will be encouraged to embrace challenges, develop innovative solutions and progress your career.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Civil engineering design including roads, drainage, subdivisions and other civil infrastructure.
- Liaising with and coordinating various stakeholders including clients, local councils and authorities.
- Cost estimates and preparation of specifications.
- Site inspections and contract administration.
This full-time position requires a self-motivated, team orientated individual, capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment with a strong focus on professionalism and innovation.
Your key skills and experience will include:
- Working in a consulting environment with a minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Strong communication and liaison abilities to engage with clients and other engineers.
- Strong practical understanding, proactive high-level thinking and high attention to detail.
- Engineering degree qualification or relevant industry experience desired.
- Experience working in the Kimberley or Northern Australia will be highly regarded but not essential.
- Local government experience will be highly regarded but not essential.
- 12D and AutoCAD design experience will be highly regarded but not essential.
Why Work for us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly reputable consultancy to gain experience on a variety of Northern Australia projects. We value and reward hard working individuals and provide an energetic culture in a friendly, collaborative team environment.
Pritchard Francis is a market leading consulting firm with offices in Perth, Broome and Darwin. We provide services across all regions of Western Australia and Northern Australia within all aspects of civil and structural engineering including land development, engineering infrastructure and built form projects. Our clients include Federal and State government departments and top 100 ASX companies.
- Send your CV with a cover letter, outlining your experience by the 28 January 2020. Apply HERE
- You must have working rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.