Project Leader - Civil
Due to our continued growth and economic boom in Darwin, we are seeking an experienced Project Leader - Civil to become an integral member of our team.
Pritchard Francis is a market leading consulting firm with offices in Perth, Broome, Albany and Darwin. We provide services across WA and the NT within all aspects of civil and structural engineering including such areas as transport, land development, engineering infrastructure and built form projects.
Our Project Leaders are an integral part of our team, delivering quality services on projects from around Australia. You will be encouraged to embrace challenges, develop innovative solutions, and progress your career.
We are seeking an experienced candidate for a Project Leader – Civil position in our Darwin office, who can demonstrate 5+ years’ experience in consulting. We will also consider interest from high-performing Project Engineer candidates that express interest in advancing their career to the next level.
We are able to support the right candidate with a relocation package, ensuring they will have a seamless transition to their new role. Candidates interested in relocating are welcomed to apply.
You will have the opportunity to grow your network, liaise with clients in Darwin, undertaking business development opportunities, alongside delivery of projects and preparation of bids.
- All aspects of design in civil engineering. For example, bulk earthworks, pavement and stormwater designs utilising best practice methodologies.
- Leading and delivering discrete packages of work independently and in collaboration with the team.
- Managing projects including fee preparation, resourcing, scheduling, cash flow and the preparation of project budgets.
- Preparation of design sketches and details for drafting by technical staff and oversee the design development and documentation.
- Liaising with and coordinating various stakeholders including clients, local government, and authorities.
- Gathering data and evidence to prepare engineering studies, analysis and calculations, including the preparation of technical reports and specifications.
- Attending site for inspections.
We are keen to hear who have a strong technical base and want to grow into project management and leadership roles. You will receive mentoring and support from Principal Civil Engineers and Project Directors, to develop and tailor your role to suit your strengths and passions to support career growth.
What You Will Bring
- Tertiary level Civil Engineering qualification.
- 7-10 years’ engineering experience is desirable but not essential.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in design consulting.
- Strong communication and liaison abilities to engage with clients and other engineers.
- Be self-motivated with the ability work autonomously with a focus on delivery and service whilst being a team player willing to pitch in and help to get the work done.
- Australian experience and chartered status will be highly regarded
- A comprehensive knowledge of applicable Australian Standards, Local Government Authority Standards, statutory and regulatory requirements.
Why Work For Us?
As a member of our team, you will be provided with diverse learning and development opportunities with access to training, mentoring and support for career progression. We value and reward hard working individuals and provide an energetic culture in a friendly, collaborative team environment. You will enjoy the autonomy of leading projects and managing teams, whilst working in a collaborative, talented and diverse team of professionals.
We offer a range of benefits and initiatives such as:
- Excellent remuneration packages.
- Flexible working hours and working from anywhere.
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave.
- Professional development and career progression support.
How to Apply
Apply via Seek with your CV accompanied by a cover letter, outlining your experience in line with the requirements set out above.
- You must have working rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.