Pritchard Francis Curtin Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Program
Pritchard Francis are partnering with Curtin to offer a promising Civil Engineering Undergraduate the opportunity to complete work experience in a consultancy environment. This initiative supports students in achieving their academic goals, whilst providing them with mentoring to launch their professional career and set them up for success.
What to Expect
- The successful student will develop and apply technical engineering skills and knowledge acquired throughout their Undergraduate Degree in a professional engineering consultancy environment.
- Be given an understanding of what the role of a civil and structural consulting engineer involves both in the office and on site.
- Learn about the company structure and operation of Pritchard Francis and gain exposure and experience in most facets of the consulting practice, while working alongside engineers, drafters, administration and site personnel.
- Pritchard Francis consistently have many projects at varying stages of completion, both in the office and on site. As part of the placement, the student will be given the opportunity to work in a productive manner on these projects, whilst also gaining practical engineering experience hours that are essential for graduation.
See what our 2018 student has to say…..
While continuing to study my Bachelor Degree at Curtin, I began my journey as an Undergraduate Civil/Structural Engineer through a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) placement at Pritchard Francis. The knowledge and experience I have gained and the large range of projects I have worked on, both office based and on site, has exceeded my expectations.
The support from my colleagues and mentors has been exceptional. I am so proud to work for a company so passionate about diversity and equality within the industry. Working alongside talented, like-minded individuals with a high level of expertise and knowledge drives me to become the successful Engineer I aspire to be. This experience has been invaluable and will undoubtedly enhance my future career.
Courtney Nixon - Graduate Engineer - Civil, Pritchard Francis
Work experience will take place at Pritchard Francis Subiaco office for six months during semester two. Initial expectation is for the work experience to take place two days a week, however this is negotiable.
Who should apply?
- Passionate people interested in Civil & Structural Consulting.
- People interested in collaboration between Engineering and Building Information Modelling (BIM).
- Current drivers licence.
- Australian citizenship or permanent resident of Australia.
- Final year of study in Bachelor of Engineering (Civil and Construction Engineering).
- Course Weighted Average minimum of 65.
What you need to apply
- Cover letter.
- 500 words statement, detailing:
- Your interest and passion for the field of civil and/or structural engineering.
- How the work experience would assist you in pursuing your career.
- Future career goals.
- Detailed CV including any previous vacation work details, Year 12 ATAR results (including subjects and exam marks, or equivalent), extra-curricular interests, achievements, awards, scholarships etc.
- Formal university academic transcript.
- Any references including one academic, one employer (if applicable) and one personal.
The WIL Program offer may be withdrawn should the student defer from full time studies, transfer to another course/degree or University.
Applications for 2020 are opening on Monday, 9 March.
Curtin WIL Program Coordinator: Emily Long, (08) 9382 5111.
Applications to be made to: firstname.lastname@example.org.