HMAS Stirling - Stage 3A Redevelopment
Pritchard Francis has been awarded the civil and structural engineering consultancy services for the delivery phase of the $366 million redevelopment of Fleet Base West, HMAS Stirling on Garden Island.
Redevelopment of the base will see major upgrades and refurbishment of key infrastructure and facilities, with a broad range of works including new buildings, modifications to existing structures, roads, maritime structures, mechanical systems, electrical services, communications systems, water and sewerage infrastructure and a new base entrance.
Fleet Base West is the Royal Australian Navy’s largest establishment nationwide and provides operational and logistical support to RAN’s surface fleet, submarines and aircraft stationed in Western Australia.
Pritchard Francis is providing civil and structural consultancy services for:
- Central Emergency Power System (CEPS)
- Incoming Power Supply and Modification to Existing Powerhouse
- Potable and Fire Water Systems
- Air Conditioning, Chillers and Boiler Systems
- Health Centre Refurbishment
- Base Entrance Enhancements & TS ANZAC Refurbishment
- Road Reconstruction, Repairs and Resurfacing
- Wardroom, Junior Sailors Bar & Stirling Function Centre
- Car Parking Rationalisation
- Chaplain Centre Extension
- Physical Training Facilities Upgrades
The Pritchard Francis team previously undertook the planning phase works for the redevelopment of HMAS Stirling under a Managing Contractor arrangement, for Doric Group.
Design activities are expected to be completed by mid-2017 followed by construction, with works expected to be completed by January 2020.
Pritchard Francis is pleased to be awarded civil and structural consultancy services for this project, which will complement our current expanding Defence portfolio.