Onslow Health Services Redevelopment
- Impact testing of the wall system was carried out to ensure suitability of wall to resist large cyclonic driven impact loads.
- Curved roof structure
- Importance level 4, Cyclonic region D design
- Large cantilevered feature wall panels
Pritchard Francis provided both civil and structural consultancy services to the Onslow Health Service Redevelopment The project comprises a new hospital and facilities, constructed around the existing hospital building.
The redevelopment includes:
- Expanded three-bay emergency department (two acute care and one resuscitation bay)
- Six-bed medical inpatient unit with modern, single rooms.
- Purpose-built digital imaging department.
- Modern, comfortable and purpose-built outpatient centre for child health, community mental health, physiotherapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, community health nursing.
- New dental clinic.
- New facilities for hospital support areas, administration support and new morgue.
The unique curved roof structure and region D cyclonic wind loads required close collaboration with the roofing supplier to successfully ensure structural adequacy and buildability.
In order to achieve the architectural outcome and required structural performance impact testing of the wall system was carried out to ensure suitability of wall to resist large cyclonic driven impact loads.