Newman College Auditorium
- Deep steel trusses carefully detailed to support 30m clear span roof and serve as support for suspended gantry walkway.
- Ground beam detailing to avoid excessively large pad footings and provide necessary resistance for the height of the structure.
- 3m deep concrete Orchestra Pit
- Full integration of structure and services including a suspended gantry walkway, suspended bio box, operable walls, suspended lighting and curtain tracks.
- Polished concrete floors formed the feature entrance to the Auditorium.
- 30m clear span roof structure to ensure functionality of the auditorium was not compromised.
Newman College Auditorium is a new combined teaching facility and theatre located on the Newman College Campus. Providing a state of the art lower level auditorium, dance and music studio, suspended bio box and fully integrated gantry walkway, this facility will provide education and entertainment to both school students and members of the community.
Pritchard Francis was engaged to provide the structural engineering consulting services for this project.
Unique design elements included the 3m deep orchestra pit, feature polished concrete floors, 30m clear span roof and the suspended gantry walkway. By working closely with the Architect, the Pritchard Francis team ensured the right solution was provided, resulting in an efficient and economical structure.