Forrest Chase Redevelopment
- Providing an engineering solution that enabled replacement of existing loadbearing columns with minimal structural modifications to the existing suspended walkway significantly reduced costs and time, while improving the safety of pedestrians that will continue to use the walkway throughout works.
- Extensive structural modifications to City Central utilised a mixture of composite steel design and carbon fibre reinforcing, which made installation within tight constraints possible while minimising additional weight, resulting in no upgrades to existing footings being required.
- Removal of existing lift cores.
- Replacement of load bearing columns on active walkway.
- Bespoke pedestrian bridge.
- Construction works under water table.
The Forrest Chase Redevelopment project is a proposed five level retail complex anchored by Myer and complemented by 39 specialty retailers. The property fronts the Murray Street Mall, Forrest Place and Wellington Street in the heart of Perth’s CBD retail precinct and is directly linked to Perth Train Station. Forrest Chase, incorporating City Central, will undergo a $100 million redevelopment to reposition the centre as a world class retail complex complete with fashion and dining. The project will modernise one of the city’s most popular shopping precincts and will reconnect the retail, pedestrian and civic realms.
Pritchard Francis has been engaged to provide structural and civil engineering consultancy services from schematic design through to completion on site.