Small Bridges & Footbridges Project - City of Swan
- Re-use of bridge components which the client had assumed would be replaced.
- Use of lightweight and modular components and materials.
Pritchard Francis was commissioned by the City of Swan in March 2016 to undertake the detailed design of eight small bridges. The bridges were of a variety of types and configuration, mostly over minor and medium waterways, with one being over the Swan River. The objective was to replace the structures with a low maintenance alternative, to reduce the City’s operating budget. Some of the structures had travelling surfaces that were degraded and represented a hazard to the users, which mostly include cyclists and pedestrians.
The eight locations include:
- Barkers Bridge, Guildford
- Loder Way Bridge, South Guildford
- Noble Falls Bridge, Gidgegannup
- Dongara Circle Culvert, Jane Brook
- Chatham Footbridge, Hazelmere
- Woodlake Park Footbridges (3), Ellenbrook