In addition to our primary service offerings in civil and structural engineering consultancy, Pritchard Francis regularly undertakes the role of lead consultant.
The Lead Consultant directs the work of the Design Team and is the main point of contact for communication and direction between the Client and the consultant team. This role will often see Pritchard Francis engaging a multi-disciplinary team of external and in-house consultants, including architects and specialist engineers, under the direction of our dedicated project lead.
Some tasks may appear to duplicate those undertaken by the Project Manager, however, the Project Manager is typically acting in the capacityLas if they were the Client, whereas the Lead Consultant is specifically coordinating the activities of the Design Team.
Pritchard Francis has a full range of in-house skills, experience, and competencies to undertake this role on the most technically challenging of engineering based projects.
The Lead Consultant's scope can often include:
- Development of Client brief.
- Coordinating, monitoring, and reviewing the work of the consultant team (and others, such as specialist designers and specialist contractors).
- Program and progress reporting.
- Cost reporting, with quantity surveyor.
- Managing client instructions and change procedures.
- Stakeholder consultation and management.
- Local authority approvals.
- Safety in Design review and workshops.
- Value management review and workshops.
- Advice on procurement route options.
- BIM 3D modelling, clash detection, and design coordination review.
- Management of the tender process.
- Contract administration and site superintendency during construction.
Please see below for key examples of some of our work: