Urban on Cambridge
- Early engagement with PACT to ensure cost effective construction.
- Numerous slab construction options reviewed with BubbleDeck® system selected.
- Reviewed options for vertical support, with AFS walls chosen for cost and programme.
- Top down construction of the sewer tunnel.
- BubbleDeck® transfer slabs due to apartment layout.
- AFS walls designed as deep beams to minimize transfer.
Urban on Cambridge is a mixed-use residential and retail development located at 336 Cambridge Street in the heart of vibrant Wembley.
The project comprises six storeys over basement car parking with commercial tenancies at ground floor level and 69 apartments over the remaining five floors.
QUBE Property Group engaged Pritchard Francis to provide civil and structural engineering services for the project.
Pritchard Francis worked closely with BubbleDeck® on the design of the suspended slabs and provided load summaries obtained from the 3D structural model for the detailed design of the transfer elements.
AFS walls were utilised as the load bearing elements for the structure. At ground floor level, the AFS party walls between tenancies were designed as deep beams to avoid transfer slab.
An existing WaterCorp sewer ran through the site which needed to remain active throughout construction and after completion. Pritchard Francis designed a sewer tunnel to be constructed using a top down approach; this minimised the requirement for over pumping of the existing network.
Pritchard Francis is pleased to have been involved with an important residential development in Wembley for QUBE Property Group.