Scotch College Teaching & Learning Building
This new Teaching & Learning building is located in the north-eastern portion of the senior campus of Scotch College. Scotch College engaged Pritchard Francis to provide civil and structural engineering consultancy services for the project with façade consulting services to be provided by Pritchard Francis' sub consultant Inhabit Australasia Pty Ltd.
The facility provides contemporary learning facilities including:
- 13 general learning areas.
- A 60 seat dual teaching space (tiered floor).
- A flexible teaching space (flat floor).
- A Year 12 leadership space.
- College reprographics centre.
- Student locker zone.
- Staff room area & conference room.
- Student and staff amenities including ‘end of trip’ facility.
- Associated meeting and group rooms.
The Teaching & Learning building allowed the reorganisation of the heart of the campus through the demolition of a section of the old senior classrooms in ‘M Block’. A new central landscaped quad was formed west of the Dickinson Centre building which includes both hard and soft landscaped areas for passive recreation. The new Teaching and Learning building ‘General Learning Area’ replaced the GLA’s to be demolished in the subsequent ‘M Block’ project. The new building necessitated the removal of the 14 existing staff car bays located east of the college which were redistributed elsewhere on the campus.