City Beach Surf Club & Commercial Development
- Precast panels to facilitate programme.
- Liaison with geotechnical consultant to minimise footings.
- Cement replacement used in insitu concrete.
- Inclined precast panels.
- Insitu concrete green roof.
- Concrete additive to achieve durability requirements.
- 2016 Australian Institute of Architects (AIA) (WA Chapter) Public Architecture Award (Awarded to CHRISTOU Design Group)
- 2016 Australia Award for Urban Design, Delivered Outcome - Small Scale, Commendation (to CHRISTOU Design Group)
City Beach Surf Club and commercial development is an iconic project in Perth and Western Australia. The project includes a new surf club building, restaurants, cafes and parkland precinct for the area. Pritchard Francis was engaged by Town of Cambridge to provide civil and structural engineering services for the project. Pritchard Francis worked closely with Christou Design Group, who won the design competition for the project, to achieve the inclined precast panel solution which makes this project so instantly recognisable. Another key design feature was the insitu concrete green roof which provides a landscaped public plaza above the surf club building. The major design objective for the commercial tenancies was un-interrupted views to the beach which was achieved through innovative structural design. Pritchard Francis are proud to deliver an iconic public building for the Town of Cambridge.