The Adnate - Art Series Hotel
'The Adnate' Art Series Hotel on 900 Hay Street is a new 27 storey development which will accommodate a 250 room hotel as well as approximately 500m2 of commercial tenancies at the two storey podium levels. Pritchard Francis were engaged to provide civil and structural engineering consultancy services for the project. Pritchard Francis worked closely with the design team to deliver a highly efficient, cost effective structure. Key elements of this design involved:
- Detailed modelling using site-specific parameters were utilised to verify foundation performance resulting in the 27-storey building supported on an 800 thick raft. Building settlements were monitored throughout the build to ensure raft performed as designed, of which, results were outstanding.
- Detailed stability analysis and design enabled core walls to be constructed as thin as 200mm, above the podium levels. The removal of wall steps to the main tower reduced construction time in stepping the jump formwork.
- Concrete walls were utilised as deep beams transferring the accumulative load of the 25 columns above it.
- Delta-core planks in combination with precast panels allowed the construction over an existing vehicular accessway without closing the road.
- Cantilevered foundations installed on both East and West boundaries allowed loadbearing panels to be installed directly beside neighbouring historical buildings without surcharging their basements.
Pritchard Francis’ keen understanding of cost-effective high-rise construction enabled the structure to be completed within the tight budget.